Keep Hopewell Beautiful
The City of Hopewell is an affiliate of Keep America Beautiful. Keep Hopewell Beautiful works to instill community pride and raise awareness of the City’s commitment to reducing litter, beautifying our City, and encouraging citizen empowerment to take control of their environment through positive and productive activities.
The Keep Hopewell Beautiful Committee (formerly the Clean City Commission) is established by City Council action and consists of 7 members appointed by the City Council. The Keep Hopewell Beautiful Committee is a forum in which to:
- Influence residents of Hopewell to keep the City clean and beautiful
- Implement educational programs about trash and recycling
- Encourage community involvement
- Raise awareness about the environment, recycling, and waste reduction
Volunteer with Us
Keep Hopewell Beautiful is always looking for volunteers and sponsors! Email or call the Department of Development for more information.
Biannual Cleanup Week
Keep Hopewell Beautiful, in partnership with the Hopewell Public Works Department, hosts a Citywide Cleanup Week in the fall and spring each year. During this week, Hopewell residents may dispose of trash at no charge at the Citizen’s Convenience Center.
Note: The following items will not be accepted at the Citizen Convenience Center: concrete, masonry, garbage (items normally disposed of in your trash toter), paint of any kind, batteries, automobile motors, and hazardous waste materials. Tires are limited to four (4) per citizen and eight (8) per household, and they must be separated from the rim. The usual $10.00 fee for the removal of Freon to dispose of appliances still applies.
Keep Hopewell Beautiful’s Adopt-a-Street/Spot is a program through which citizens, businesses, nonprofits, and civic organizations commit to picking up trash on their “adopted” street four times per year.
Interested in adopting a street or spot?
- Fill out the application form to adopt your spot!
- Before your cleanup, request your cleanup supplies from the Department of Development Office.
- Report your activity to the Department of Development. We keep track of all of the volunteer hours and the amount of litter our volunteers pick up as part of the DEQ grant that supports the program.